Thursday, December 14, 2017

What to do if your phone is lost or stolen

Wondering what to do if your mobile phone is lost or stolen?

The Telecommunications Authority of Trinidad and Tobago (TATT) has some advice.

In such a circumstance, TATT says the first step is to contact your service provider and request suspension of your service.

If stolen, a report should be made to the police.

However, TATT says, postpaid customers will be held responsible for all charged incurred before suspension of the service.

Prepaid customers will not be able to recover any used credit, TATT added.

TATT has also advised smartphone users to use applications for tracking, locking or wiping their devices remotely. These options may be able to assist the service provider or police in investigations, it noted.

TATT is also advising on correct measures to take if you have received threatening call and messages. 

The first step is to record the date, time and telephone number (if visible). Text messages should be saved or forwarded to a trusted person. 

The matter should also be reported to police, TATT advised, as this is a violation of Section 30A (1) (a) of the Offences Against the Person Act.