Story Updated Wed Jul 23 20:46:46 PDT 2014
Four days before the 24th anniversary of the attempted coup, Jamaat-al-Muslimeen leader Yasin Abu Bakr has warned “injustice” against the Muslim community by law enforcement in this country will not be tolerated. On July 27, 1990, it was Bakr who led 114 members of the Jamaat and attempted a coup d’etat against the government of Trinidad and Tobago.
- ...Rajaee Ali among 18 detained
- Gender Ministry: Boys of St Michael’s School to be sent home
- Govt gave away 100 acres of prime land
- ‘Express’ writer takes to PNM platform
- ‘Regiment here to stay in Laventille’
- No charges for Sharma
- Soldier patrols in Laventille ‘legitimate’
- DNA may have been lost
- Senator Drayton ‘being emotional’
- Woman shot in face
- Diego man, 33, shot dead
- More top stories...