Story Updated Wed Oct 01 20:44:04 PDT 2014
4 COPS ON $3.2m BAIL
Four police officers, with a combined total of 59 years of service, appeared before a Port of Spain magistrate yesterday on three charges of misbehaviour in public office following enquiries into the robbery of a Chinese couple of over $500,000 on September 17. The officers—acting Sgt Lester Garcia, acting Corporal Sheldon Peterson, PC Dexter Edwards and PC Ronan Newton—all stood in silence when they appeared before Magistrate Christine Charles in the First Court. The men were all dressed in formal wear after they successfully obtained station bail on Tuesday night at $800,000 each, to cover the offences. They were all represented by Senior Counsel Sophia Chote and Trevor Clarke.
- Officers threaten to resign if ACP Dick’s leave buyout allowed
- Google wants more time
- Karim: GATE stays
- Temporary senator sworn in
- Senator: Revisit higher pensions for judges, MPs
- MP: Look at Police Service with pride
- Bail denied again
- St Clair tied up, robbed
- Malabar man killed
- Hike in Flow rates from November 1
- Keyana case set for October 29
- More top stories...