Traffic rules for PoS and environs
THE police announced on Wednesday traffic rules with regard to Port of Spain and its environs for the upcoming Carnival celebrations.
They are as follows:
1. There will be strictly enforced parking restrictions in Port of Spain and environs on both Carnival Monday and Tuesday and visitors are reminded that they make arrangements to be dropped off and picked up or to use the park and ride facility in the Aranjuez Savannah or they can park their vehicles at the Queen’s Park Savannah.
2. No traffic will be allowed along Anna, Carlos, French and Colville Streets.
3. All traffic exiting the Woodbrook area will proceed west along Robert Street, south along Damien Street going on to Taylor Street, West on Ariapita Avenue, south along the Maraval Parkway exiting on the Audrey Jeffers Highway.
Vehicles will be able to proceed east or west as desired.
4. Traffic south of Ariapita Avenue will exit via those streets connecting on to Wrightson Road.
5. Traffic exiting the Queen’s Park Savannah on Queen’s Park West (Casual Corner) will proceed west along Queen’s Park West, north along Maraval Road to the St Clair roundabout.
Traffic proceeding west will go west along Saddle Road.
Traffic heading east will continue east along Circular Road exiting at the St Ann’s Roundabout via the Lady Young Road. They may also proceed to Belmont Circular Road onto the Belmont Valley Road, Maryland Hill then to the Lady Young Road.
6. Traffic exiting the Eastern side of the Queen’s Park Savannah will proceed east along Jerningham Avenue, north onto Belmont Circular Road, east onto the Belmont Valley Road and continuing to the Lady Young Road.
7. Traffic proceeding south from Jerningham Avenue can turn south onto Norfolk Street onto Belmont Circular Road, south onto Observatory Street, left into Basilon Street, onto Bath Street to Piccadilly Street, south along Nelson Street to Independence Square north, proceeding east and continuing along St Joseph road exiting the city.
Two emergency routes from Port of Spain.
• North on Henry Street, east on New Street into the Port of Spain General Hospital.
• North on Edward Street, east on New Street into the Port of Spain General Hospital.
One emergency route from Woodbrook.
• North on French Street onto Maraval Road, east on Circular Road, south on Queen Street, east onto Charlotte Street and into Port of Spain General Hospital via the Maternity Ward entrance.
One emergency route from Long Circular.
• North on Long Circular Road on to Maraval Road, east on Circular Road, south on Queen’s Park east onto Charlotte Street and into the Port of Spain General Hospital via the maternity entrance.
One emergency route from the east.
• West on Lady Young Road, south on Queens Park east on to Charlotte Street and into the Port of Spain General Hospital.
One emergency route from Fire Services Headquarters.
• East on to Sackville Street, north onto Edward Street, east onto New Street and into the Port of Spain General Hospital.
Counting Down To
T&T Carnival 2014
Mar, 3 2014