Monday, January 22, 2018

Form I-94 is used to track passengers


I just came back from Miami and as I was unpacking I found a white paper in my passport. It is the I-94 and I think that I was supposed to give it to somebody when I left the States. So what can I do now? Will this affect my future

travel? Can I take it to the Embassy?

Danzell in Diego Martin


The white card stapled into your passport when you

entered the United States is the bottom portion of Form I-94, the Arrival-Departure Record. This form is used to track

passengers who enter and leave the United States.

If you departed the US by most commercial airlines or by cruise ship, then your departure is recorded electronically and you have nothing to worry about. If, however, you departed the United States by land,

private vessel, or private plane then it is necessary to record your departure by submitting Form I-94 to the Department of Homeland Security, Customs and Border Protection. Please mail the card and supporting evidence of your departure to the following address:

DHS - CBP SBU 1084 South Laurel Road London, Kentucky 40744 United States of America

Do not mail your Form I-94 Departure Record and supporting information to the Embassy, or to any address other than the one above. This is the only office that can make the necessary corrections to CBP records to prevent inconvenience to you in the future.

Evidence of your departure from the US includes copies of your passport stamps, boarding passes, etc. CBP will not return original documents. Bring copies with you to your visa

interview or when you travel in case there are any questions about your departure from the US. This may be necessary to verify that you have not

overstayed, which could make it difficult or impossible to travel to the US.

Vice Consul

Send your questions and comments to: