Please allow me to share with the general public the truth about the education system. I remind the Prime Minister that the social arms of teachers are long and, come next election, they and the parents of their charges are legitimate voters and will act to remove the Education Minister.
Please, Madam, call in Dr Tim Gopeesingh and address the following issues for him to change that are his direct responsibility and are woefully inadequate and mismanaged.
1. Schools' clerical officers' contracts have expired and have not been renewed.
2. Schools do not have basic supplies such as toilet paper, garbage bags, teaching material and cleaning liquids, and the list goes on and on.
3. School repairs are not being done. Schools have to be closed for minor problems, like non-functioning toilets.
4. Many schools are understaffed.
5. Many school buildings are decayed, dilapidated derelicts, with reconstruction plans from the great minister nowhere in sight.
6. No response or support from the minister with regard to the massive problem of violence among pupils and indiscipline in many secondary schools.
7. Poor response to teacher delinquency.
8. Inadequate number of textbooks for pupils.
9. No resources for the implementation of the CAC programme.