Boy, 7, succumbs
to injuries from Independence Day fire
SEVEN-year-old Glen Seepaul, who was severely burnt in an accident at his home on Independence Day, died at the San Fernando General Hospital last Friday.
And his father is praying that his family can put the incident behind them and move on with their lives.
Gary Seepaul asked for privacy to mourn the loss of his only son.
The family was not at their Palm Drive, South Oropouche home yesterday.
"My wife and I are private people and we are grieving the loss of our son. We are holding on to faith and trying to put the incident behind us and move on with our lives," he said in a telephone interview yesterday.
The little boy suffered burns to his face and upper body when an aerosol can exploded in a small fire in the yard at his home.
"People are saying that someone threw the aerosol can in the fire. That is not true. We love our son more than anything in this world and we would not do anything to hurt him. The can somehow got into the garbage. It was an accident," he said.
Glen Seepaul died last Friday morning at the hospital's Intensive Care Unit. His parents never left his bedside during his stay at the institution.
Police have ruled the incident as accidental.