Diana Mahabir-Wyatt to lead Child Protection Task Force
The Office of the Prime Minister today disclosed the names of the persons appointed to the Child Protection Task Force, which will be headed by Diana Mahabir-Wyatt.
The following is the statement -
Following the announcement yesterday of the establishment of the Child Protection Task Force, appointed by the Prime Minister, the Honourable Kamla Persad-Bissessar, the names of the members are:
· Mrs. Diana Mahabir-Wyatt - Management Expert - Chairman
· The Hon Clifton De Coteau – Minister of Gender, Child and Youth Development
· The Hon Raziah Ahmed – Minister in the Ministry of Gender, Child and Youth Development.
· Ms. Sandra Jones – PS – Ministry of Gender, Child and Youth Development
· Ms. Anna Maria Mora – Psychologist
· Mrs. Stephanie Daly SC – Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Children’s Authority
· Ms. Hazel Brown – Special Envoy on Women and Girls
· Mrs. Brenda Gopeesingh – Special Envoy on Women and Girls
· Mr. Gregory Sloane-Seale – Programme Coordinator, Citizens Security Programme
· Ms. Zena Ramatali – President, National Parent Teachers’ Association.
· Pastor Clive Dottin, of the Seventh Day Adventist Church
· Ms. Kathy Bharrathsingh – Manager of Student Support Services, Ministry of Education
· Ms. Angela Edwards – Chief Technical Officer, Ministry of the People and Social Development.
· Dr. Trudy Rouse – Manager of Mental Health, Ministry of Health
· Mr. Rondall Feeles – President, Single Fathers’ Association of T&T
· Margaret Sampson-Browne, retired Assistant Commissioner of Police.
Ms. Hazel Thompson-Ahye, Attorney at Law, Mediator, Educator and Child Rights Advocate
The first meeting of the Child Protection Task Force is scheduled for Friday 6th December, 2013, at 10:00 a.m. at the Ministry of Gender, Youth and Child Development.
The Task Force is mandated to report on its findings to the Prime Minister within six (6) weeks.