Monday, December 11, 2017

Directv removes three channels


DIRECTV Trinidad has removed three channels from its line-up to comply with the Telecommunications Authority of Trinidad and Tobago regulations for Pay TV providers.

In a statement yesterday, Chaguanas-based Directv said earlier this year it brought the issue to the attention of the public, notifying them of the impending removal of the channels to maintain concession terms with TATT.

Directv said it has been in communication with TATT during the last six months including a meeting in May in which TATT indicated it too was moving to address the situation.

“However, in absence of decisive action from TATT, and in light of the uncertainty in respect of blackouts, Directv has proceeded to remove the three channels —ABC, NBC and Fox.”

General manager Bernard Pantin said, “This action is in keeping with our compliance with the terms of the Pay TV concessions with the Telecommunications Authority of Trinidad and Tobago in the local market and, respecting the contractual arrangements of the local, free-to-air channels (TV6, CNMG and CNC3) for programming aired on the above mentioned networks.”