Tools

Escaped death 2 years ago: Carenage man gunned down

By Rickie Ramdass

 A CARENAGE man, who escaped death two years ago after he was shot by gunmen, was murdered on Thursday night.

The death of Raymond Rampersad, 28, has now pushed the murder toll for the year so far to 393.

It was around 9.45 p.m. that Rampersad was standing along L’Anse Mitan Road, not far from his home, in the company of another man identified as Dwight Campbell, 35, when they were ambushed.

Police said two men pulled up in a car and opened fire.

Rampersad was shot a total of 13 times, while Campbell was shot in the right knee, they said.

They were both taken to Port of Spain General Hospital where Rampersad was pronounced dead while undergoing emergency surgery.

It was also along L’Anse Mitan Road, on April 22, 2011, that Rampersad, along with five other men, was shot at by assailants carrying shotguns.               

 
This content requires the latest Adobe Flash Player and a browser with JavaScript enabled. Click here for a free download of the latest Adobe Flash Player.

Express Poll

Are you experiencing the benefits of the $1 billion worth in water projects since 2010?

  • Yes
  • No

Newsletter Sign Up

Subscribe to our FREE Digital Divide Newsletter.
To subscribe enter your email address
For Email Marketing you can trust

Weather

More Weather