Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Foul play not ruled out in Mayaro woman's death

FOUL PLAY has not been ruled out in the death of a 67-year-old Mayaro woman who died on Saturday after suspected consumption of a toxic substance.

Thackoorie Bowlah, of St Ann's Road, was pronounced dead at hospital hours after she was found unconscious at home.

Police said around 1.20 p.m., Bowlah's daughter-in-law, Elizabeth Bowlah, found her at her home frothing from the mouth.

A bottle containing a green liquid substance was found nearby.

The daughter-in-law alerted other relatives and Bowlah was taken to Mayaro District Hospital for treatment.

Medical personnel transferred her to Sangre Grande District Hospital where she died.

Police said Bowlah was described by relatives as healthy and did not exhibit signs of being suicidal.

Inspector Mahabir and other officers from Mayaro Police Station visited the scene and investigations are continuing.

—Susan Mohammed