THE LABOURER charged with raping three of his step-daughters was yesterday placed on $150,000 bail and ordered to stay away from the girls.
The 30-year-old made his second appearance before Couva Senior Magistrate Lucina Cardenas-Ragoonanan since being charged with the sex crimes against the teenagers who are now 18, 14 and 13.
Last month the man was denied bail and remanded in prison custody for a criminal background check to be made.
Yesterday, police prosecutor Sergeant Sandra Toussaint told the magistrate the police were unable to get the tracing but there were no “records of anything against him (the accused).”
She however said there were concerns over the proximity of where the man would be staying in relation to that of the alleged victims should he be granted bail.
Toussaint said while the teens had moved out of the house, they were still residing in close proximity to where the defendant lived.
Defence attorney Anisah Mohammed said her client will be staying with a relative in Rio Claro should he be placed on bail and he was willing to comply with any conditions that may be imposed.
Cardenas-Ragoonanan placed him on $150,000 bail to cover all the charges.
She ordered he report to the Rio Claro Police Station two days for the week.
The magistrate also told him he is “not to have any contact with the VCs (alleged victims) or have any communication whatsoever with them.”
He will return to court on February 10.
The man has been charged that between September 1, 2011 and February 17, 2012 at Gran Couva, he had sexual intercourse with his step-child who is under the age of 14.
He faced a similar charge which allegedly occurred between September 1, 2011 and June 30, 2012 against another step-daughter.
The third charge alleged that between July 18, 2011 and November 30, 2013, the man had sexual intercourse with his step-child who is above the age of 14, without her consent.
All charges were laid by PC Soodeen.