More allegations of corruption were levelled against the Tobago Organisation of the People (TOP), as the campaign entered its final days. Orville London, leader of the Tobago Council of the People's National Movement (PNM), said he received information from a resident of Canaan/Bon Accord of being offered money by the TOP to vote for the party.
In addition, only one week ago, the PNM claimed 10,000 cellphones were on their way to Tobago to assist voters in Monday's polls.
London on Thursday night claimed that the cellular phones were on the island, and were being discreetly distributed.
"I am aware of persons who have already gotten cellphones. I am aware of persons who are told where to get money, I am aware of individuals who have already been approached to the ways and means by which the democratic process and the electoral process can be frustrated," London said, during the party's final political meeting at Milford Court, Tobago.
Commenting on the controversial Milshirv deal, in which the the Tobago House of Assembly has entered into a contract to build an administrative complex, London said he was ready to face the lawsuit filed by Attorney General Anand Ramlogan on the issue.
"And I am happy, let us go to court and find out how the law should be interpreted," London said.
He then revealed communication with the Ministry of Finance, and it was noted the $625 million budgetary allocation owed to the Assembly by Central Government was sent for processing on December 20, last year.
"I called the Ministry of Finance (Larry Howai) office this morning...I did not get him, I got his adviser. She told me the thing was sent for processing on December 20. It is sent for processing on the 20th of December and one month after the money cyah reach yet," he said.
London also told supporters not to allow anything to derail the momentum of the PNM before Monday's polls.