Man burned by exploding cooking gas tank
A NEW Grant man was severely burned on Monday after a liquified petroleum gas (LPG) cylinder exploded at Sea Lots, Port of Spain.
Andrew Seeraj, 38, of North Trace, is warded at the Port of Spain General Hospital. The Express was told that the incident occured at around 8.30 a.m. when Seeraj, an employee of North Plant LPG Co-operative Society Limited in Chaguanas, was at a mini-mart.
Corporate Communications Manager of NP Rae Gilbert said: "It was an LPG-related incident, but not an NP incident". Gilbert said NP's Health and Safety Officer Barry Dyer visited the scene of the incident.
(from the Multimedia Desk)