Tools

Mechanic on 32 sex charges gets $.3m bail

TWENTY-NINE acts of indecent assault, two acts of serious indecency and one charge of rape of a 14-year-old were read yesterday to defendant Ryan Dabideen.

The father of two faced Deputy Chief Magistrate Mark Wellington in the San Fernando Magistrates' Court.

The alleged incidents occurred between September and November 2012 at Victoria Village, San Fernando.

Defence attorney Cedric Neptune said although a series of charges had been laid against Dabideen, there was one alleged victim.

Neptune said that from the charges, there were no allegations of violence.

He asked for bail for his client who he said surrendered to police last Saturday.

Neptune told the court that Dabideen, 40, of San Fernando, did not live in close proximity to the alleged victim and had no previous or pending matters before any criminal court.

Wellington asked police prosecutor Cleyon Seedan to verify this information before he placed Dabideen on $300,000 bail to cover all charges.

Dabideen is to return to court on March 20. —Nikita Braxton-Benjamin

This content requires the latest Adobe Flash Player and a browser with JavaScript enabled. Click here for a free download of the latest Adobe Flash Player.

Express Poll

Do you agree with the views that focus on race and religion are spoiling the harmony of Trinidad and Tobago?

  • Yes
  • No

Weather

More Weather