last wearing: Felisha Mohammed, mother of murder victim Salisha Langtoo, displays her daughter’s security uniform at her Couva home yesterday. —Photo: DEXTER PHILIP


Mom: We’re not getting justice

Female guard bludgeoned to death, driver shot in Central double murder

By Carolyn Kissoon

ANOTHER mother is crying out for justice after her daughter was bludgeoned to death with a car jack near a cemetery in Chaguanas.

Felisha Mohammed, a mo­ther of seven, said her 23-year-old daughter became a victm of crime on Wednesday evening. 

Salisha Langtoo, a security guard, was among two people killed near a cemetery in Petersfield Road, Chaguanas. Clifford George, 39, was shot multiple times there and died at the Chaguanas Health Facility.

Langtoo’s friend, 31-year-old Kwesi Brooks, of Tobago, who was brutally chopped about the body in the incident, remains in serious condition at the Eric Williams Me­dical Sciences Com­­plex in Mt Hope. 

And a woman iden­tified as Carlene Thomas, 31, of East Dry Ri­ver, Port of Spain, was also shot in the face. She was found slumped in the back seat of a red Nissan Almera car, driven by George, parked outside the cemetery.

Police believe Langtoo, a security guard, had accompanied her friend, Brooks, to sell his car to a deal­er in Chaguanas. George, a fath­er of one, was hired to take the two home after the car was sold. 

Investigators were unable to say whether Thomas had accompanied the friends or was a passenger in the car.

Langtoo’s mother said her daughter was not involved in ille­gal activities.

The family lives in Jenni­fer Street, Lisas Gardens, Couva.

Mohammed said her daugh­ter landed a job as a security guard at the University of Trinidad and Tobago (UTT), Point Lisas campus, a month ago. 

“She was looking forward to receiving her first pay cheque this month. She told me that was for me,” she said.

Mohammed said her daughter left home on Wed­nes­day to go to the Grand Bazaar mall with Brooks. 

“I called her about 4 p.m. because she had to work the night shift. She said she was coming down and they stuck in traffic. She went with Kwe­si to sell his vehicle. He received some cash and a cheque. But when he went to the bank, the cheque bounce and he called the people. The person told them to meet him in Petersfield. I believe my daughter and Kwesi were robbed and killed,” she said.

Mohammed said her daughter was wearing 14 gold rings when she left home that day. None of the jewelry was recovered.

An autopsy performed at the Forensic Science Centre in St James by Dr Valery  Alexandrov found Langtoo died from blunt force trauma to the head.

Mohammed said, “We need to bring back hanging to deal with these criminals. We are losing our children. They kil­ling our children and we are not getting any justice for this.”

Investigators have detained three men in connection with the murders.

Langtoo will be laid to rest following a funeral service this afternoon. 

This content requires the latest Adobe Flash Player and a browser with JavaScript enabled. Click here for a free download of the latest Adobe Flash Player.

Express Poll

Do you think stronger procurement legislation can prevent corruption?

  • Yes
  • No

Newsletter Sign Up

Subscribe to our FREE Digital Divide Newsletter.
To subscribe enter your email address
For Email Marketing you can trust


More Weather