Tools

Multiple charges for ex-con

Accused of attacking victim’s sister

By Susan Mohammed susan.mohammed@trinidadexpress.com

A convicted rapist who allegedly attacked his victim’s sister with a knife on Saturday, mere weeks after he was released from prison, is expected to appear in court today. 

The 33-year-old convict was charged with attempted rape, wounding with intent, burglary and robbery with violence as a result of the incident. 

According to police, on Saturday night the suspect went to the home of the woman he raped more than 15 years ago and confronted her sister with a knife. 

She was allegedly robbed of her cellphone, and was cut on the hands as she fought her attacker. 

The suspect escaped, but was arrested by police hours later. 

Police said the convict was released in July after serving some 12 years in jail, but the victim was not told of his release, nor did he register himself as a convicted sex offender under the Sexual Offences Act. 

PC Toolsie of the La Brea police laid the charges. 

The suspect is expected to appear in the Point Fortin Magistrates’ Court.

This content requires the latest Adobe Flash Player and a browser with JavaScript enabled. Click here for a free download of the latest Adobe Flash Player.

Express Poll

Should there be police investigations into the killing of Ricardo Mohammed and the three men in Laventille last week?

  • Yes
  • No

Weather

More Weather