It is now two weeks since six-year-old Keyianna Noel was taken from her Port of Spain home but, to date, police are yet to arrest the man suspected of abducting the girl.
The day after being taken, Keyianna was dropped off along the Priority Bus Route (PBR) in Aranjuez by the suspect who has since gone into hiding.
Two Fridays ago the 36-year-old man said he was going to surrender to police but later had a change of heart.
On another occasion he told his attorney Fareed Ali that he would give himself up to him, but on that day he was also a no-show.
Since then, police said they have not received any leads that could assist them in finding the suspect.
However, they have said the search was still on and that he would be found.
“He is still hiding and I know that you might be thinking that we have forgotten him but we haven’t. We are still continuing our search for him,” said one officer.
Keyianna was taken from her Duncan Street apartment on December 17 by the man who promised to buy her and her siblings snacks.
Only Keyianna had agreed and left with the man despite her siblings urging her not to leave. The man had grabbed the child and dragged her down a flight of stairs before escaping.
After negotiating with one of his female relatives over the phone, the man decided to drop the girl off along the Priority Bus Route (PBR), Aranjuez, where she was found by police.