FOR the fifth day yesterday, workers from State-owned Petrotrin continued protest action outside the company's gates.
It was last week that workers began protesting management's failure to pay outstanding money and fill vacancies.
On Friday, executives from the company and heads of the executive of the Oilfields Workers' Trade Union met but were unable to reach a resolution on the issues.
Petrotrin has said it remains open for further discussion.
A release from the company over the weekend stated, "The OWTU insists that we pay an estimated TT$145 million in variable pay for the period 2009/2010, although Petrotrin suffered a loss."
It also stated, "Petrotrin maintains its position that, based on the audited financial statements, there was a loss for that year and, based on the collective bargaining agreement, there was no variable pay due."
On Saturday, armed police officers moved the protesting workers out of the path of fuel tankers making their way on to the company's compound.
The workers claimed excessive force was used by the police but this was denied by a Senior Superintendent Cecil Santana, who was present when the trucks arrived.
Petrotrin, through it Corporate Communications Department, said yesterday the company was working to ensure employees are allowed safe access to their workplace.
It was also said, "Petrotrin wishes to inform the public that its contingency plans are now in effect, and all efforts are being made to maintain a reliable supply of products to all markets."