Friday, February 23, 2018

Relatives: Killed man was victim of abuse


Stabbed to death: Anthony Lee Sing

(BI) Feedloader User

ANTHONY LEE SING was the victim of domestic abuse and died as a result of that.

Speaking with members of the media yesterday, relatives of the dead man, who wished not to be identified, said it was not he who was the aggressor as reported but the mother of his child, who is in police custody.

The relatives, who spoke at the Forensic Science Centre, St James yesterday, said the female relative who stabbed Lee Sing, 27, three times about the body, was the jealous type and was very abusive to him.

The women described Lee Sing as a "smart man" and said he had the ability to make anyone like him, even those whom he had outsmarted. The women questioned why the female relative had to stab their loved one so many times.

Lee Sing, 27, was stabbed in the chest, abdomen and hand on Sunday afternoon. Lee Sing died at his Sushilla Drive, Chase Village, Chaguanas home following what was described as a fight between the two, which occurred around 7.30 a.m. The woman told investigators that she stabbed Lee Sing several times to defend herself.

Police are awaiting instructions from the Director of Public Prosecutions on whether any charges will be laid against a mother of three.

The female suspect was treated at the San Fernando General Hospital for stab wounds and released into police custody on Sunday evening. A Colombian national was also detained by police.

The 27-year-old woman was nearby. The Colombian man was also in the house.

Two of Lee Sing's three children were at home when the incident occurred.

Police said Lee Sing and the woman were seen liming in Chaguanas the night before. They returned to Lee Sing's rented apartment around 4 a.m.

The woman told police that they began arguing and Lee Sing became violent towards her. He began cutting her about the body with a knife, police said.

Investigators said the woman grabbed the knife and stabbed Lee Sing in the chest, abdomen and hand.

He was pronounced dead at the scene by a district medical officer.