Thursday, February 22, 2018

Stacy's funeral could be delayed for 2 days...

Govt asks for time


suspicious death: Stacy Ramdeen

(BI) Feedloader User

The husband of Stacy Ramdeen, who died after a police raid at her home three weeks ago, has been asked to defer her funeral until a Government-ordered review of her two autopsies is completed.

Evans Petamber had planned a funeral service for his wife and mother of his three children for this afternoon.

The service was expected to be held at the family's Ibis Gardens, Caroni, home followed by a procession to the nearby cemetery.

"But I got a call from the Ministry of Justice this morning asking that I hold on for another two days or so, just in case the US pathologist needs further information," he said yesterday.

Petamber said he has agreed to postpone the funeral until the review is completed.

"I want justice for my wife's death. If they say wait two days again I am willing to wait, because I want to know the truth," he said.

The two disputing autopsies, performed on Ramdeen's body, were sent to the United States and will be reviewed by pathologist James Gill.

The Government ordered a review of the two autopsies, following a protest by Ramdeen's relatives outside the office of the Prime Minister in St Clair last week.

On November 8, police officers of the Central Division Task Force conducted a raid at Ramdeen's home at Ibis Gardens, Caroni.

That afternoon, Ramdeen, 32, who was also known as Ameera Mohammed, was pronounced dead at the Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex at Mount Hope.

An autopsy conducted by Dr Hughvon Des Vignes at the Forensic Science Centre in St James stated the cause of death as asphyxia. The post mortem report also indicated she suffered from chronic heart disease, which could have led to her death.

Police had initially reported that Ramdeen swallowed an unknown quantity of cocaine during the raid and subsequently died, despite repeated attempts to revive her.

Not satisfied with the results of the autopsy, the family had a second autopsy conducted by Dr Hubert Daisley.

Daisley conducted the autopsy at a funeral home, and found the cause of death was as a result of strangulation.