Gally denies technical committee appointment
Former head coach of the Strike Squad, Everald "Gally" Cummings says he is only in discussions with Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) president Raymond Tim Kee about his role on a TTFF technical committee.
At a media conference on Friday, Tim Kee said the technical committee has been reshaped with the introduction of Cummings and former national footballers Leroy De Leon and Selris Figaro, and that the committee will be convening its first meeting next week.
Cummings denied this.
"I wish to clarify that while I have been having discussions with the President of the TTFF, no final decision was made on the role I will play. In fact we were scheduled to meet on his return from his meeting in Zurich," Cummings stated in an e-mail to the media.
"I am unaware of the convening of any meeting of a technical committee next week."
Cummings said he and Tim Kee had been having telephone discussions on possible positions in which he could serve.
"Based on the performances I have seen and the most recent remuneration of over $300,000 per month paid to 73 year old (Otto) Pfister who could not get past Guyana in the World Cup preliminaries and to (Even) Pellerud of over $200,000 per month for the under 17 women's team with little to show, it is disturbing that such a suggestion could be made for the public's consumption without final agreement.
"It is time to stop treating our nationals who have made outstanding contribution to national development with such discourtesy while foreigners are treated with full respect for their technical competence and with the courtesy required," Cummings concluded.