Why is the Regiment Band Sounding Like a Youth Band?
Why are they so small compared to Captain Watson's Time?
Why has the DEFENCE FORCE ADMINISTRATION LEAVE THEM OUT OF THEIR WEB SITE AND ONLY Shows the Steel Band?
Lack of Respect and knowledge by the senior Officers in charge to know that:
1. To be a professional Sounding Band you have to practice many hours a day especially with scales and other music rudiments.
2. The Defence Force is larger than it was between 1962 to 1975 where the Band and Drums was around 80 members.
3. Senior officers have replaced daily music training with guard duties.
4. Most of them don't know that the Band is the show piece of many military organization.
5. The Band has most of the Trained Musicians, but yet they only showcase the Steel Band.
6. A Pan Around the Neck Steel Orchestra has limited range to play high orchestrated music, far more to play FANFARES for dignitaries.
7.Military Brass have to Read the Military laws to see that you can recruit Boy Soldiers especially for the Band. This allows them to train young people for the band and other areas that they can't fill.
8.Most of them don't realize that the Schools are not teaching Brass and Reed Instruments. and that most of Trinidad's Top Musicians came from the orphanages and the Government has stopped teaching music and instruments there.This is a shame.
1. Why has the Defence Force High Standard of Drill and Display Dropped from 100% to 50% for the past 10 years?
2. Why is the Female Police Officers and female Prison Officers Have more Straight Lines and Better Arm Swing than the Defence Force on the Independence Day Parade for the Past two years?
1. Because a SPECIFIC Commander decided to scrap Adjutant's and RSM Drill Rehearsals and Parades.
2. He failed to understand that Military Disciplined is Founded on Drill, and drill is the main CORE that have men working as a well oiled ORGANIZATION OR GROUP.
By: The Veteran