Time to break out the Christmas decorations and transform your home for the holiday season! The holidays are in full force and for many of you, that means entertaining and playing host/hostess. Preparing to host a dinner party and/or having house guests during Christmas holidays often forces us to look at our home in a different light... one that magnifies all of the imperfections, the clutter, the dust, the outdated decor, and so on. Most people I know (myself included) feel the need to give their home a small decorating pick-me-up before having a bunch of guests over...especially if they haven't seen your house in a while.
Here are 10 simple tips to give your home a mini makeover just in time for Christmas!!
1. Accent Pillows — revive your sofa by switching out existing pillows with new ones or by re-covering old pillows with new pillow covers. It will do wonders!
2. Freshen up the guest bedroom with new linens and organise accessories and guest necessities on a decorative tray, which can be placed on a vanity, console table or nightstand.
3. Re-hang existing artwork by grouping together interesting pieces with three-dimensional objects (shelves, carvings, etc.). Scour your entire home for random pieces of wall decor that can be grouped together to make one beautiful statement wall!
4. Assess the need for additional lighting in darker rooms. Add an eclectic table lamp or floor lamp to brighten up a space that feels dim and depressing. 5. Re-organise an overcrowded bookcase or cluttered shelving. Arrange books both upright and stacked on their side. Mix in accessories of various shapes and sizes to add interest and colour.
6. De-clutter countertops, tables and flat surfaces — think, less is more. Re-accessorise and organise with decorative trays to keep things looking tidy.
7. Nothing changes the look and feel of a space more than paint! It doesn't have to be a major project - just paint a single accent wall in the dining room, entry, bedroom, etc. for an instant makeover.
8. New table linens — rejuvenate your kitchen nook or dining room with a fresh new tablecloth and linen napkins. Choose something with colour or a subtle pattern.
9. Change up your decor with a new accent rug.
10. I believe every home should have a vase of fresh flowers at all times. Flowers do wonders for a space — big arrangement or small — they add colour and life!
Contact Toni Crockett Design at
firstname.lastname@example.org or 868.384.9483.
Find us on Facebook at
www.facebook.com/tonicrockett design and online at