1. What quality do you like most in women?
Respect for herself & up keep
2. Your happiest moment?
Graduation (the joy on my parents face)
3. Your secret fear?
Losing both my parents at the same time.
4. Which living person do you admire the most?
My father for his wit, determination & example that he has and continues to set for me.
5. What quality do you value most in your friends, both male and female?
Loyalty, respect & humility.
6. What is your greatest extravagance?
I hate to say it, but FOOD (I really love my belly).
7. The place you'd like to visit before you die?
Brazil, parts of Europe and Asia — diverse cultures which I have only experienced the tip of the iceberg thus far.
8. What is your favourite journey?
My ongoing spiritual & personal growth. Learning and evolving each day.
9. What advice would you give to persons wishing to enter your field?
Only do it cause you love it. When your career is your passion, it doesn't feel like work.
10. What is your current state of mind?
Focused on my career & family.
11. What is the trait you most deplore in others?
Lack of self discipline & personal hygiene.
12. What is your greatest joy?
Seeing the success of my family & close friends.
13. What is your biggest turn-on in a woman?
I'm a sucker for a woman in a suit "lol" but most definitely her confidence, charisma, smile, touch, aroma, love of laughter and her ability to make the most of any situation.
14. What is your guilty pleasure?
Snacks that are bad for you (hand over face).
15. What is your lowest depth of misery?
The passing of my grandmother.
16. What is your pet peeve?
People who say something, but don't act on what they say.
17. What do you get most complimented about?
Being able to deliver what ever is asked of me.
18. When was the last time you cried?
A month ago.
19. What was the first thing you did this morning?
Went straight to the kitchen and had breakfast — I was starving.
20. What do you consider your most cherished virtue?
Communication: Whether the topic is good or bad, the ability to communicate accordingly and quickly especially when dealing with time-sensitive issues.
21. If you had one personal wish that only you could benefit from (hence world peace would not be applicable), what would it be?
Seeing my parents fully retire and giving them grandchildren.
Few can DJ and MC live simultaneously with success, yet St Lucian-born Barrie Everett aka "Barrie Hype" is versed in the art of juggling both. As a teen, Barrie advanced in the DJ world through his knowledge and expertise in mixing dancehall and hip hop music. He recognised the absence of a genuine party MC in his hometown and seized the opportunity to progress creatively.
Later on, he would earn degrees from Full Sail University in Show Production as well as Concert Touring and Recording Arts, which launched Barrie Hype into the realm of touring as he was then recruited by legendary group, Third World.
After a couple of years experience on the road, it was time to embark onto new endeavours and Hype became a DJ, head of Radio Promo and eventually A & R for Black Shadow Records (producers of The Buzz riddim, known for Sean Paul's hit single, "Gimme The Light").
Determined to gain more recognition within the Caribbean music industry, Hype began "paying his dues" in the soca arena by lending support to its biggest artistes as they toured worldwide. From Bunji Garlin to Rupee, Fay Ann Lyons, to Skinny Fabulous, Hype built his brand and reputation for providing timely assistance, whether in the form of his recognisable voice, entrepreneurial thinking and/or DJ skills, which have been and continue to be heard on radio stations around the Caribbean and internationally.
Now based in Miami, Hype is poised to return to Trinidad for Carnival 2013 with the aim of sharing his unique skill set with the masses and becoming an added attraction on the fete scene.
For info or bookings, email: email@example.com
Director Of Public Relations
TopGunners DJ Fraternity
(Black Shadow Music Group)
18th & Collins
Contact: (954) 234-3950