21 Questions with Kerry D Drummer
1. What quality do you like most in women?
2. Your happiest moment?
The birth of my son.
3. Your secret fear?
4. Which living person do you admire most?
5. What quality do you value most in your friends both male or female?
6. What is your greatest extravagance?
Doing things for my family.
7. The place you would like to visit before you die?
8. What is your favourite journey?
My trip to the Turks in 2009.
9. What advice would you give to people wishing to enter your field?
Make up your mind to put in the work. It takes a lot of dedication, discipline, sacrifices and patience.
10. What is your current state of mind?
Content and happy.
11. What is the trait you most deplore in others?
12. What is your greatest joy?
Being on stage and watching the crowd show their love and appreciation for what I do.
13. What is your biggest turn on in a woman?
14. When is your guilty pleasure?
A favourite drink after a performance.
15. What is your lowest depth of misery?
I never allow myself to get to that point.
16. What is your pet peeve?
I don't like when people come to me and say I passed them straight. As an entertainer my mind is constantly going, wondering whether the sound system is going to be right, or if they got mics at the venue for me, etc, so it may appear like that, but that's me being focused before show time. Don't take it personal.
17. What do you get complimented most about?
About being energetic and passionate about what I do.
18. When was the last time you cried?
19. What was the first thing you did this morning?
Checked on my son.
20. What do you consider your most cherished virtue?
My ability to overcome any obstacle that comes my way.
21. If you had one personal wish (which you alone can benefit from hence world peace, etc not applicable) what would it be?
To see my son live a rich full life.
Personal highlights Born on the 7th July, 1981. Kerry Drummer had a love and passion for music from a tender age especially the drums. He came from a very large family with a strong musical background so it wasn't hard for him to get involved in music. A former student of Success Laventille Composite he joined the Success Stars Pan Sounds, under the guidance of Ben Jackson. He also played percussions for bigger bands such as Courts Sound Specialists, TCL Skiffle Bunch and Lydian Steel to name a few. He was also a member of the popular rhythm band Hands Of Rhythm. In 2008, while living in New York City he started playing live alongside some of the best soca DJs in the tri state area. He was an instant hit in parties, boat rides and nightclubs. It was there that the name Kerry D Drummer came about. He has also worked with numerous soca artistes throughout the Caribbean.