1. What quality do you like most in women?
2. Your happiest moment?
The day I met my wife.
3. Your secret fear?
It's a secret.
4. Which living person do you admire most?
5. What quality do you value most in your friends both male or female?
The quality of being open-minded.
6. What is your greatest extravagance?
Shopping for family and friends.
7. The place you would like to visit before you die?
8. What is your favourite journey?
Driving through the countryside on Sunday afternoon.
9. What advice would you give to people wishing to enter your field?
Research and collect as much information on all areas of the field, including the business aspects. Once it is in keeping with your long-term vision then pursue it wholeheartedly.
10. What is your current state of mind?
Mission Calypso Monarch Title 2013.
11. What is the trait you most deplore in others?
12. What is your greatest joy?
Winning the Soca Monarch title in 1999.
13. What is your biggest turn on in a woman?
14. What is your guilty pleasure?
There is no pleasure in guilt. The idea of pleasure is to be in a state of great delight, satisfaction and enjoyment. Not haunted by one's conscience.
15. What is your lowest depth of misery?
Not being able to find a pen when I want to write an idea or make note of something.
16. What is your pet peeve?
17. What do you get complimented most about?
My ability to compose and perform.
18. When was the last time you cried?
Today, after viewing a inspirational/motivational true story documentary.
19. What was the first thing you did this morning?
Woke Up! lol. Wrote a verse for a new song.
20. What do you consider your most cherished virtue?
The ability to genuinely listen to other people.
21. If you had one personal wish (which you alone can benefit from hence world peace, etc not applicable) what would it be?
To be an economically viable, full-time composer/performer with no other responsibility in the world.
Bet you didn't know that "The Last Badjohn of Calypso" Kurt Allen can also sing soca. Actually, he was crowned Soca Monarch in 1999 with "Dus Dem" and has been a frontline singer with Roy Cape and the All Stars. Allen was Calypso Monarch in 2010 with his prolific composition "Too Bright". So what's in store for 2013? Time will tell. But in the meantime find out about Kurt in today's 21 Questions.