21 Questions with Michael Allen
1. What quality do you like most in women?
A sense of humour — I enjoy someone who likes to laugh and can take a joke . They are easy to get along with and will fit well with my personality
2. Your happiest moment?
When I decided to pursue music fully. Stopping University was a hard decision but I am truly glad I did it. Nothing more exhilarating than following your dreams
3. Your secret fear?
Horror movies — Terrified of horror movies. Actually walked out of Paranormal 2.
4. Which living person do you admire most?
Mom/dad can't decide — Admire both my parents because of the support they give me. Also for giving me the opportunity to do what I love. Would not be who I am without them.
5. What quality do you value most in your friends both male or female?
Honesty — As long as you're trustworthy and have my back you can be my friend.
6. What is your greatest extravagance?
Shoes — Supras
7. The place you would like to visit before you die?
Australia — Always wanted to go there. Looks amazing.
8. What is your favourite journey?
Europe 1998 — I was in England at the time and the World Cup was being held in France. A lot of energy in the air.
9. What advice would you give to people wishing to enter your field?
Be patient and work hard — Nothing comes easy . I think that the journey is more important, not the destination
10. What is your current state of mind?
What should I eat for lunch? — Healthy or unhealthy.
11. What is the trait you most deplore in others?
Cockiness — I think that no matter how far you've reached or what you have achieved you should always remember where you came from
12. What is your greatest joy?
Making music — No better feeling than creating a melody or lyrics and hearing the finished product
13. What is your biggest turn on in a woman?
14. What is your guilty pleasure?
Buss up shut
15. What is your lowest depth of misery?
When my dog Trini died age 9.
16. What is your pet peeve?
Bad headphones. I really hate bad headphones.
17. What do you get complimented most about?
My scrambled eggs.
18. When was the last time you cried?
When Mufasa died (Lion King) — Saddest movie ever.
19. What was the first thing you did this morning?
Turned off the AC.
20. What do you consider your most cherished virtue?
21. If you had one personal wish (which you alone can benefit from hence world peace, etc not applicable) what would it be?
I want to own my own recording studio one day. I would stay in there all day.
Personal highlights Michael Allen Montano is a 22-year-old singer hailing from San Fernando and the latest addition to the Question Mark Entertainment stable, which includes Kes The Band and Rikki Jai. His groovy debut single, "Carnival Baby" was released last month and produced by MadMen with another more up-tempo song entitled, "On The Road" due to be released soon from Precision Productions. Having left his studies at the University of Guelph in Canada incomplete in order to pursue a career in music, Allen is determined to put 120 per cent his chosen craft. Look out for him on stages throughout the Carnival season and like his fan page on Facebook for updates and more information on this rising talent.