1. What quality do you like most in men?
A sense of adventure! I enjoy exploring new places and trying new things so I love a man who embraces life with an equally adventurous spirit.
2. Your happiest moment?
Earning my Bachelor's degree of Interior Design. After several all-nighters and lots of hard work I finally earned the proper qualifications to work professionally in an industry I'm passionate about.
3. Your secret fear?
Not being able to achieve my life goals. However, I suppose that little bit of fear will help push me to succeed.
4. Which living person do you admire most?
My mom. I admire her strength in adversity, joy of living, and cute sense of humour no matter what situations she faces.
5. What quality do you value most in your friends both male or female?
Their loyalty. I have been blessed with several undying friendships that have seen me through good and bad times.
6. What is your greatest extravagance?
Food! I enjoy eating out with friends and trying new restaurants, especially since it means I don't have to worry about cooking.
7. The place you would like to visit before you die?
Everywhere! I MUST see it all.
8. What is your favourite journey?
Manzanilla stretch. I find it peaceful and breathtaking with the sea to the left and hundreds of coconut trees to the right.
9. What advice would you give to people wishing to enter your field?
Learn the art of diplomacy. Designers/architects constantly interact with clients who are skeptical towards design decisions so it's important to take a diplomatic approach in ensuring your designs gets implemented.
10. What is your current state of mind?
Open. Life has changed quite drastically for me over the past few weeks and i'm excited for and open to everything coming my way.
11. What is the trait you most deplore in others?
Bad manners. It's amazing how a simple "hello, how are you?" can brighten your day.
12. What is your greatest joy?
Being on stage in front of a crowd. Miss Trinidad and Tobago Universe 2012 was my most recent stage experience.
13. What is your biggest turn on in a man?
Cologne! It's amazing how many men don't wear it but it sends us girls wild!
14. What is your guilty pleasure?
Gummy bears. There's just something about that sweet chewy goodness.
15. What is your lowest depth of misery?
Feeling disappointed in myself, which may be as a result of making a poor decision. It is a life lesson for me to learn not to be so hard on myself or take myself too seriously.
16. What is your pet peeve?
Stand-still traffic, which we seem to be facing a lot more of these days.
17. What do you get complimented most about?
My hair. People are always amazed at how thick and long it is. And yes, it's all mine.
18. When was the last time you cried?
A couple weeks ago after a good friend of mine held a surprise dinner for me. I felt very special.
19. What was the first thing you did this morning?
Hit the snooze button.
20. What do you consider your most cherished virtue?
Humility. It keeps me grounded, open to learning from others and accepting different points of view.
21. If you had one personal wish (which you alone can benefit from hence world peace, etc not applicable) what would it be?
I would wish for more wishes.
After living a somewhat nomadic existence travelling between Canada and Trinidad, and extended visits to South Africa and China, I finally resettled back home here in Trinidad late last year. With a Bachelor's Degree of Interior Design from Ryerson University, Toronto, and field experience as an architect, I am now happily working in Trinidad's exciting design industry.
I recently traded in my hard hat and steel toe boots for high heels and a crown placing 2nd runner up in the Miss Trinidad & Tobago Universe competition. The doors have kept opening, and I have since been approached to model in fashion shows, such as Bombay Dreams 3, and photo shoots for local apparel.
I am extremely fortunate for the opportunities that keep coming my way and continue to live by the philosophy, "nothing ventured, nothing gained." Architect/model/....and the rest is yet to come.