Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Two men gunned down

TWO men were killed on Saturday in separate instances, one hour apart.
The first murder took place at 7.30 p.m. in Cap-de-Ville, Point Fortin, the second at 8.30 p.m. in Enterprise.
Randy Carasingh, also known as "Slackerman", was shot while at his home at Cap-de-Ville.
The 36-year-old father of two was preparing a meal for some friends when he was shot.
His father, Adjodah Carasingh, 65, who lived with his son, said he heard gunshots and called out to his son who did not respond. When he went to check on him, Carasingh saw his son lying in a pool of blood at the back of the house.
The suspect escaped through some bushes.
Carasingh said: "He was alone downstairs when I heard two gun- shots. I thought somebody was probably hunting because there is some bush in the back but I went around the back and I saw him lying on the ground, one of his hands was up and he was lying on his back. I called the police and they came in five minutes.
"My son was a nice person. He wasn't one to get into trouble. He was one who would help me in the shop. He was real cool and he had plenty friends," he added.
The dead man had two sons, ages ten and six, who lived with him. He worked with his father in his poultry depot.
Carasingh's mother Salima Carasingh said on Saturday she felt as if something was wrong. Later in the evening he told her was going to "make a cook" for some friends who were due to arrive at around 8 p.m.
"I can't think of any reason why someone would want to kill him. It's probably just jealously," she said.
The family does not believe robbery was the motive since $350 cash and a Samsung cellular phone were found in his pockets. Police recovered two AK-47 spent shells at the scene.
In the other incident, a 33-year-old labourer from Enterprise was gunned down.
Police reports are that around 8.30 p.m., officers from the Central Division Operations Unit responded to a report of loud explosions along Mano Drive, Crown Trace Enterprise.
Upon arrival, police observed the body of a man lying on the roadway in an area known as "The Hundred", with gunshot injuries to his head and upper body.
He was later identified as Amos Dick from Bhagaloo Street, Enterprise.
District medical officer Dr Ravi Kawal visited the scene. A post-mortem is expected to be performed today at the Forensic Science Centre in St James.
—with reporting by
Trevor Watson